Click here for map and more information
Share via social media or copy the url above!
Kerid Crater Lake
Experience an array of landscapes and natural wonders during northern lights season, while enjoying an introduction to Iceland’s culinary traditions, on the Winter Wonders and Delicious Detours, a driving adventure through West and South Iceland. Iceland’s dramatic southern coastline provides a stunning backdrop to discover this active volcanic zone. West Iceland highlights include unique lava formations, the inspiring Snaefellsjokull glacier-volcano, and historical sites from the Sagas. A number of stops and tasty excursions are offered as optional along the way to experience Iceland’s wholesome culinary culture.
During this nine-day driving holiday, you will have the opportunity to see most of the country’s top attractions as well as the contrasting nature in Iceland’s beautiful interior highland wilderness.
You will not only be driving on the Ring Road but also off the beaten track on two of Iceland’s highland roads, Kjolur and Landmannalaugar routes, both offering magnificent and breath-taking views of Iceland’s exotic wilderness landscapes. Experience ever-changing views from colorful geothermal highlands to fertile green coastal lowlands.
What you get:
- Digital itinerary with the Iceland Travel Companion
- The electronic version of the Iceland Travel Road Guide. Prior to your arrival, we will send you an electronic version of our Iceland Travel Road Guide. You can start preparing yourself for your upcoming Iceland trip and be prepared for your Iceland adventure!
- Flexibility. With comprehensive maps and your own vehicle, drive at your own pace. Choose your preferred stops during the day.
- Expertise– take advantage of our many years of experience. We plan routes that let you combine driving with a good time to explore each area.
- We focus on safety– We use safe cars and plan the best itineraries for road conditions in each season. We also have a 24-hour emergency line if issues arise during your visit.
This popular car rental package focuses on Iceland‘s number one attraction: The unforgettable nature!
Experience all the wonders of South and West Iceland, including geysers and hot spring areas, majestic glaciers and powerful waterfalls. Then continue along the South shore and reach the popular and breathtaking Glacial Lagoon, where smaller and bigger icebergs are constantly floating and drifting.
Take the opportunity to really connect with the landscapes and culture in South Iceland, the Golden Circle and Glacier Lagoon regions at a slow pace. Stay in fewer hotels and have more moments each day for special experiences and discoveries.
Staying in just three hotels during your trip puts more time in your hands to fully discover and appreciate the hidden gems around the Golden Circle, South, Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach areas. You‘ll get the most out of each day and fully experience each part of magical South Iceland. Best of all, you’ll have the time to really enjoy the Iceland’s peaceful summer evenings, when the midnight sun paints a magical burnish on the countryside.
A fantastic combination of our absolute favorite things to do in Iceland, from the iconic sites of the South and West to hidden treasures and local flavors such as lava caving, Blue Lagoon bathing, traditional tastes and, of course, northern lights.
How should we contact you?
Thank you! We'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Click here to register and track your question!
If you would like to follow up with us:
+1 (855) 782-3006
Sign up for our travel deals and destinations email, and take $10 off your 1st booking*.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Enter your email address below and we'll send you a reset link: